Friday, January 26, 2007

What a gal has to do to do the laundry!







For the past couple of days our dry hasn't been working, the dryer door keeps opening when I turn on the dryer. I later found out that one of my children was standing on the dryer door and bent the hinges. Theological Universe suggested that I use some duck tape to keep the dryer door from opening, it worked for awhile, but after awhile the duck tape stopped working. Now while I wait for new hinges from Total Appliance (were Theological Universe works)I'm stuck using a chair to keep the door shut. But hey, it works and now I can get the mountain of laundry done.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marie N. said...

Woe to the child who was standing on the drier door!

I'm glad you found a solution. It is no fun using clothespins indoors.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Presbytera said...

I'm happy that you could climb the laundry mountain today! Time for the children to re-learn that floors are for standing, not chairs, couches, or dryer doors : ) Glad you were inventive enough to come up with a solution. What a gal!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Children are the mother of invention. :) Or something like that. At least Theo's job is coming in handy. :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

Hey, I remember bending some dryer hinges that way once!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Elves4ASL@yahoo.com

11:45 AM  
Blogger LuvGlock said...

Aren't you gonna tell everyone how your hubby fixed it for you? :-)

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my dryer door was broken, I used a crutch to wedge between the door and the wall across from the dryer. One of my dear children climbed on the dishwasher door while I was loading and pulled all the bolts that held the dishwasher in place.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home