Friday, August 11, 2006

Mini Monk Syndrome

You all know the popular T.V. show Monk right, well my boys are showing signs of what I like to call "Mini Monk syndrome", when something is dirty or out of the place you can leave it to my boys to point things out.


I thought I would share something funny with you guys. I usually vacuum and mop the kitchen on Monday and Friday, well today is Friday and I was getting out the vacuum cleaner when "Mini Monk" (Theodore) informed me that I should vacuum under the refrigerator because it was dusty. "Mommy hurry up come here, hurry up, hurry up, look it's dirty under there, you have to vacuum under the refrigerator its dusty." So I did vacuum under the refrigerator and behind the stove to make Mini Monk happy. I said " If you want under the refrigerator clean then you help mommy." So he did with a smile on his face. I guess I don't have to worry about the house being dirty when he gets older. Dean is also showing early signs of "Mini Monk" syndrome. Dean will say " Uh oh" if he sees some garbage on the floor, or a pieces of clothing, and he also puts his own dirty clothes in the hamper. What do you think of that? Life can't get any better than this.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marie N. said...

It can get better -- when they are tall enough to wash, dry and put away the dishes *and* they do it with a good attitude. I'm a mom with short children, so I'm still waiting for my day...

2:40 PM  
Blogger KrazyinBrooklyn said...

well Theodore will be tall enough I'm not to sure about Dean

3:02 PM  
Blogger LuvGlock said...

Wow! You have some great kids! Will you marry me?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Mine are tall enough to run the dishwasher, and put dishes away with the help of the stepstool, which I need for several of the shelves myself! :) Better yet, the Scientist is now big enough to reach the knobs on the washer and dryer. Woo hoo!

I'm glad your kids are so interested in neatness. They'll make good husbands someday. As long as they don't just say "Um, honey, the refrigerator needs cleaned underneath."!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger KrazyinBrooklyn said...

luvglock-- Yes I will marry you. There your kids to. Will you marry me?

I will be teaching Lily how to put the dished in the dishwasher and run it,since in the other house we didn't have a dishwasher. I was the dishwasher. And also I'll be teaching her how to use the washer and dryer, then maybe I can sit back with a cocktail and have no worries. :-)

12:35 PM  
Blogger chaplain7904 said...

Dad/FIL/grandpa thinks this is great.

5:38 PM  
Blogger KrazyinBrooklyn said...

between you and my dad I expect this to happen, not a bad thing.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Our Engineer is Monk-ish about some things, but not about clothes and toys on the floor. He is happy to leave them where they are, until someone tells him to pick them up.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Marie N. said...

I still need to deliver the video you gave my inlaws to borrow. They know I have it for them, but they have not gotten it yet. Sorry it is taking me so long.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home